Indiana Insurance Group Privacy Statement
In compliance with the Affordable Care Act The Indiana Insurance Group may create, collect, disclose, access, maintain, store, and use Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to determine the Application for Benefit Eligibility (ABE):
- Assisting with applications for Qualified Health Plan (QHP) eligibility;
- Supporting QHP selection and enrollment by assisting with plan selection and plan comparisons;
- Assisting with applications for the receipt of APTCs or CSRs, and selecting an APTC amount;
- Facilitating the collection of standardized attestations acknowledging the receipt of the APTC or CSR determination, if applicable;
- Assisting with the application for and determination of certificates of exemption;
- Assisting with filing appeals of eligibility determinations in connection with the FFE;
- Transmitting information about the Consumer’s, Applicant’s, Qualified Individual’s, or Enrollee’s decisions regarding QHP enrollment and/or CSR and APTC information to the FFE;
- Facilitating payment of the initial premium amount to appropriate QHP;
- Facilitating an Enrollee’s ability to disenroll from a QHP; and
- Educating Consumers, Applicants, or Enrollees on insurance affordability programs, and if applicable, informing such individuals of eligibility for Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Assisting an Enrollee’s ability to report changes in eligibility status to the FFE throughout the coverage year, including changes that may impact eligibility (e.g., adding a dependent);
- Correcting errors in the application for QHP enrollment;
- Informing or reminding Enrollees when QHP coverage should be renewed, when Enrollees may no longer be eligible to maintain their current QHP coverage because of age, or to inform Enrollees of coverage QHP options at renewal;
- Providing appropriate information, materials, and programs to inform and educate Consumers, Applicants, Qualified Individuals, and Enrollees about the use and management of their health information and services and options offered through the selected QHP and among the available QHP options;
- Contacting Consumers, Applicants, Qualified Individuals, and Enrollees to assess their satisfaction or resolve complaints with services provided by ABE in connection with the FFE or QHPs;
- Providing assistance in communicating with QHP Issuers;
- Carrying out ABE’s legal responsibilities related to QHP Issuer functions in the FFE, as permitted or required by ABE’s contractual relationships with QHP Issuers; and
- Other functions substantially similar to those enumerated above and such other functions that shall may be approved by CMS in writing from time to time.
PII information can be obtained by written notice directly to Indiana Insurance Group at the address listed below.
The GLB Act was enacted to provide greater protection for an individuals private information. This notice is meant to provide you with information regarding how we, as an independent brokerage agency, use your personal information and what your rights are with regard to your non-public personal information.
In order to provide the consumer, and our customer, with the benefits of Health, Life and Supplemental Products, we need to collect certain non-public information. In fact, the more we understand about a particular set of needs, the better we can recommend the appropriate carrier and policy in order to achieve favorable underwriting. However, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of this information in accordance with the law.
As an independent agency we are in a unique position as we routinely obtain non-public information about the ultimate end user of the product(s) as well as obtain non-public information about our customer, the agent/broker. We may obtain non-public information concerning an agent/broker in an effort to comply with the laws preventing certain individuals from holding a license and to comport to our own agency standards. We may, as part of the appointment or pre-appointment process, receive information concerning an agent/broker credit history and contact additional sources in order to perform any needed background check.
If you correspond with us or transact business through our computer websites, your browser may provide information to us as you interact with us via the internet. This information is held in strict confidence and is not shared or volunteered to any company other than the Indiana Insurance Group, LLC.
When May We Disclose Your Personal Information
It is our responsibility to meet your expectations for privacy while still providing you with Health, Life, and supplemental insurance services and products. In order to provide our services to you, your information may be shared with other Insurance Carriers. To complete your insurance application, we may need to provide your non-public information to affiliated and non-affiliated persons or entities involved in the underwriting, processing, servicing, and marketing of insurance policies.
There are times when we are required by law to provide your non-public information to authorized persons or entities. Such occasions include:
- Complying with a subpoena or summons by federal, state or local authorities.
- Responding to judicial process.
- Responding to regulatory authorities.
- Other purposes as required by law.
We will not disclose any of your non-public personal information to anyone except as permitted or required by law.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.indianainsurancegroup.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
IIG uses Norvax Inc. and/or Quotit Corporation to provide web quoting service where general PII information is collected for the purposes of providing ABE. In accordance with their agreements and privacy regulations your information is not rented, sold, or disseminate to any outside source. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. In accordance to the Affordable Care Act you may obtain what PII information has been collected by submitting a written request to Indiana Insurance Group at the address listed below.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Computer Tracking and Cookies
Our Web site is set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
Our Web sites also recognize the online site where a visitor “clicked-to-check” on the Indiana Insurance Group website but we cannot identify the visitor or the visitor’s address. Site information may be used to advise participants of the numbers of visitors who come to our site from their sites. No personal information is collected.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. CBBB uses non-identifying cookies to provide easier site navigation and access to forms. You can still use CBBB sites if your browser is set to reject cookies. Our cookies do not generate personal data, do not read personal data from your machine and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you.
By entering your email address to the online health quote or Life insurance quote systems you authorize Indiana Insurance Group, LLC to add you to an email list for continued email solicitations. You may choose at anytime to be removed from such solicitations by unsubscribing or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of remove or suggest removal in the base of the email.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Your non-public personal information is maintained by us on a confidential and secure basis. If we disclose any of your information, it will be for the reasons and under the conditions described in this notice. We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our former clients to anyone except as permitted or required by law.
Maintaining Security of Your Private Information
We will work to ensure that your non-public personal information remains confidential and secure. To do so, we have established the following procedures to protect against unauthorized access to your personal information:
- The only persons with access to your non-public personal information are those persons who need to know about the information to underwrite, process, service, or market insurance products and services.
- We will maintain standard procedures to keep your information physically and electronically secure.
- If it comes to our attention that a piece of personal information that we possess may be inaccurate or false we will make a reasonable effort to re-verify its accuracy and correct any error as appropriate.
Indiana Insurance Group, LLC
#187 11650 Olio Rd., Suite 1000 Fishers, In 46037
(317) 842-2210 | Fax (317) 842-2243